Rotary International is a world-wide member organization, connecting leaders to exchange ideas and take action, in their local communities and around the world. Rotary started an initiative to end polio and has been successful in eliminating polio in 99.9% of the world as of 2016. Rotary District 6910 is comprised of 73 clubs in North Georgia, USA.
Wednesday, October 10, 2018
Rolling on the River - Oct ‘18 Conference Update - FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who should attend? All Rotarians and their spouse/guests.
2. What is the purpose of the Conference:The purpose of the conference is simple: to share ideas, celebrate our accomplishments, and find out what has been happening in the district and the world.
5. Why attend District Conference?This is a perfect opportunity to network and share ideas with other Rotarians. You will also get to know the amazing projects going on around the Country. A District Conference is one of the most enjoyable and rewarding privileges of Rotary membership.
6 . What are the costs associated with Conference?
Lodging:The District Conference Committee has negotiated the following group rates at the Hyatt Regency - Greenville: Single Rate/Double Rate $149, Triple Rate $169, and Quad Rate $169. Premium and Suite upgrades may be available for an additional fee based on availability. These room rates are subject to tax, which is currently 10.00% plus a 2.00% Destination Fee. Reservations must be made on or before the cutoff date of Wednesday, April 10, 2019 to be eligible for the group rate.
Hotel Parking is 7.50 per day; valet parking additional.
Note: The group rate is available April 30th to May 5th.
• The on-line registration site will open on Thursday,November 1, 2018 and will close at midnight on Wednesday, April 10, 2019. Please encourage anyone in your club to register before the cut-off date.
• A special rate of $225 will be effective from November 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018. The rate increases to $250 on January 1, 2019 and $275 on April 10, 2019.
• Please encourage all members to visit the district conference website at Rotary6910Conference.org for up-to-date information. A link has been placed on the district website that will also take you directly to the conference website.
• Cancellations: In order to request a refund, cancellation or changes in registration you must submit your request in writing to the D6910 District Office. All refunds for registration fees will have a $50 processing fee per person registered. No refunds after April 10, 2019.
• Spouse/Guest Registration: If fully registered, your spouse/guest will be able to participate in all conference events and meals.
In the event you prefer not to fully register your spouse/guest: you can purchase individual tickets for each event:
7. What to wear? Attire for all events is resort casual, except for Friday Night's "Be the Inspiration" Dinner and Saturday night’s "Kentucky Derby" Dinner/Celebration.If you have a tendency to get cold, please bring a sweater or jacket with you to the General Sessions. Please feel free to wear your favorite Rotary shirt forthe Friday and Saturday General Sessions.
8. What is a House of Friendship (HOF)?
This is where the Rotary world comes together and where ideas, best practices, and project successes are proudly shared. You can:
• Browse booths showcasing Rotary projects, Rotary Fellowships, and Rotarian Action Groups
• Shop for Rotary-licensed merchandise, including pins, shirts, and banners: Awards4U.
• Participate in the GRSP Silent Auction - 15 students, representing 4 continents and 7 countries, will donate an item representative of their country for the silent auction. Proceeds will benefit the endowment of GRSP.
• Fellowship - Reconnect with friends and make new ones
• Breaks: Cookies will be provided during breaks from the General Sessions
• Compete for the Best Club Booth Award:Governor Bruce is asking all clubs to participate in this year’s House of Friendship/“Rolling on the River Exhibition Hall” by exhibiting the club’s Signature Project, District Grant or Global Grant. Please utilize the District 6910 Conference Theme “Rolling on the River” or the 2018-19 Rotary theme “Rotary: Be the Inspiration”.
• Have your photo taken in the HOF Rolling on the River Photo Booth
9. Will there be "Free-Time"?
Friday, May 3rd 1:30pm - 6:00pm
Saturday, May 4th 12:00pm - 6:30pm
10. What can I do during Free Time?
Planned Group Activities or enjoy Greenville on your own Rotary6910Conference.orgfor additional information.There are over 100 restaurants to choose from - we have listed a few of them on the website here.
11. What to expect?
Recognize accomplishments at all levels and inspire everyone to get involved
Recognize those who have participated in Rotary Foundation activities.
Promote successful club and district projects.
Highlight achievements of individual Rotarians.
Recognize Georgia Rotary Students (GRSP)
Be inspired with our Speakers
Thursday, May 2, 2019:"Lift Off" Dinner:DG Bruce and Pam Azevedo are hosting a dinner to honor the 2018-2019 President's and their Assistant Governor's in District 6910. This is a pre-conference event and is open to all Rotarians and their guests. There is no charge to the 2018-2019 ClubPresident's and Assistant Governor's; all other Rotarians/ spouse/guests is $50.00.
• Keynote Speaker:Wayne Bingham,Polio Survivor and United Space Alliance FlowManager for the Space Shuttle Columbia.
Among many awards presented to Wayne are the: Astronauts Silver Snoopy Award,Fewer than 1 percent of the aerospace program workforce receive it annually, making it a special honor to receive this award; awarded to NASA employees and contractors for outstanding achievements related to flight safety and mission success.
Eagle Manned Mission Success Award,Administered and funded by AXA Space. Presented to individuals who have made a significant contribution to manned space flight.
Friday, May 3, 2019"Be the Inspiration" Dinner: The focus will be on the youth of D-6910 including the GRSP Parade of Flags, Student Introductions, Youth Service Awards.
Keynote Speaker:Winnie Morgan,Honorary Rotarian of the Rotary Club but more importantly, a Rotarian in her heart. She has spoken at a variety of Rotary events. She was the first recipient in North Carolina of the Rotary International Jean Harris Award for her outstanding service to the support of low-income women.
Saturday, May 4, 2019:"Kentucky Derby Dinner/Celebration": An fun filled evening in true Kentucky Derby fashion. There will be awards for: Ladies Best Hat, Men's Best Hat, Best Dressed Couple.
The evening will conclude with Clubs of the Year Awards along with the District Governor Parade and changing of district leadership.
Watch for details in the next few weeks on the: Club Stick Horse Competition
Sunday, May 5, 2019: Interfaith Service: We will offer an inter-faith service on Sunday morning from 8:30am -9:00am and encourage our Rotarians to attend. District Chaplain Calvin Ward will officiate, and his message will encompass the 2018-19 theme, “Rotary: Be the Inspiration”.
12. Will there be a Golf Tournament? There will not be an organized Golf Tournament but public golf courses in the Greenville Area can be found on the conference website: Rotary6910Conference.org