- 100% Paul Harris Fellow Club - To commemorate our Foundation’s centennial, District 6910 is working toward all 73 clubs becoming 100% Paul Harris Fellow clubs prior to the convention. If your club is working toward this, I would suggest setting a goal deadline such as March 31, 2017 to make sure you're there by June 2017. Our District Foundation Chair, Bill St. Clair, is spearheading this initiative, and has a team throughout the district ready to help your club achieve this recognition.
- Seek to increase your club's giving to our Annual Fund by at least 10%. What we are able to do in our local communities is only determined by how much we are willing to give.
- #100ActsofGood - To mark the Rotary Foundation centennial, members everywhere are encouraged to do 100 acts of good throughout the year, letting others know by posting photos of yourself on social media, along with a brief description of the act using #100actsofgood.
- Clubs are encouraged to complete a special community project commemorating the centennial or in honor of the centennial. Promote your centennial events and projects by contacting local media and using #TRF100 on social media. Also, list your projects and events on Rotary Club Central and Rotary Showcase for even more exposure. Our House of Friendship at our District Conference in Chattanooga will also highlight the centennial projects of our District 6910 clubs.
- The Centennial Million Dollar Dinner will be held on June 9, 2017 at The Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta, with Rotary International John Germ as our keynote speaker. Guests are those who have made a new gift of $10,000 or greater to The Rotary Foundation in the form of an outright gift or a bequest. Rich Panyik is the person to contact if you're interested in learning more about how to become a part of this exciting event.
My primary role is to support you. I'm here to help your club achieve and exceed its goals and celebrate your victories. Speaking of which, we will celebrate these achievements on May 13, 2017 at District Assembly, including Club of the Year and Leadership Awards. The Club Awards Points listed in the District Directory & Guidebook and The Presidential Citation are meant to help guide you and motivate you throughout the year. Our Awards Chair, Marvin Kliman can help with questions on club points. Together, as a team in District 6910, we are out to change as many lives as we can for the better. We are Rotary Serving Humanity.
Rotary District 6910 Governor, 2016-17